Monday, December 8, 2008

PRESENTING: FOOTBALL NIGHT IN AMERICA : THE DINNER SERIES

NFL WEEK 15 : MONSTER MEATBALL 

This sunday we headed 2 miles down the west-side highway to Ashley's House, where she and Jamison constructed the biggest, baddest meatballs I've ever seen. Some were so large, just one would've fed a family of four, as a single spherical meat-loaf. When I arrived there was a full range worth of burners bubbling multiple pots of meatballs in sauce; It looked like a scene from Bowser's Castle circa SNES. Moving on to the living room revealed a massive already set table with seating for 10 (wish my crib could boast that). The waiting spread included a simple salad of greens and halved grape tomatoes served with plenty of wine. The Meatball and sauce was served over penne alongside a pair of lovely stuffed mushrooms. For dessert Ashley finished things off with brownie-size cuts of warm, buttery shortbread - my absolute favorite (A Gundlach family classic)
T'was a spicy meat-a-ball...
I have a sweet-spot for this holiday classic...
As for the Lions, sadly they're still on the schneid...

2 comments:

LARUICCI*FASHION said...

I love being invited to the blogspot weekly throwdown...it keeps impressing me, and the writing is witty and engaging...you make me want to feed a whole family with a spherical meat ball...Huge Love....

most biggest said...

gundlach family classic!!! i gotta come out there and eat with you. every week I'm eating saltines and wishing i lived in the nyc were the BBQ is happening. when you gonna be there over the next few weeks? gonna park my f150 in the big city.